From TC Open Forum
To Contribute to this Site
Wikis are notoriously open to spam. This has certainly been the case recently here. If you wish to post an article, or add to one of the information services (let's say you know about a therapeutic community somewhere in the world which is not yet listed on "TCs Worldwide", and you wish to add it to the list), please email the moderators to open an account for you. You will then be able to edit and contribute as you wish. When you email, please let us know something about yourself and why you want to open the account, so that we know you really are human, and really do care about communicating with others who care about therapeutic environments. Thankyou! email the moderators.
- EFTC Press Release: "EUROPEAN FEDERATION CONDEMNS “INHUMAN, BRUTISH AND UNTHERAPEUTIC” PRACTICES IN SERBIAN DRUG REHABILITATION SERVICE
- Please read the introduction to TC-OF
- Email the moderators to open an account for you so that you can edit and contribute to this wiki. Please supply your reason for wishing to contribute.email the moderators
- Then please feel free to experiment! - Click on the blue links. Click on the LOGO (top left of each page) at any time to return here.
- But please don't mess anybody else's work up or Spam this site.
- You can learn to use wiki and edit your own pages. See the Help with wiki page accessed from the navigation bar to the left to get started
- Use the Sandbox For Practice
- If a page is protected from editing (like this one is) and you wish to comment on it, please leave your notes in the 'discussion' page just to the right of 'article', above.
- Ian and Craig Help Page This is for you to ask for help if the help pages haven't answered your questions.
Listen to RadioTC International
- For a Video Introduction to RadioTC International right click here and then left click on 'Open in new window'. The video takes just over a minute to download - you will hear it when it arrives. Please maximise the window for best text. If you want to save it to your computer for later viewing, then right click and click on 'Save as'.
Join the Discussion:
"An interesting study for those of us who went through TC's or worked in them might be how often our experiences surface in our dreams even after 30 years"
- Stewart Dickson, TC-OF Email Discussion List
Major New Digital Archive: Dennie Briggs
- Works in education, criminal justice, psychology,therapeutic community & fiction.
- Occasional papers
- Internet editions,
- Photos and clips.
- Commentaries and publications
Feed into or create a Special Interest Group
- History of Therapeutic Community
- Therapeutic Comedies!! Any jokes, cartoons, funny stories? Share them in this Special Interest Group
- Cottage Farm Centre for Mental Health: Therapeutic Community work-in-progress in Canada
- Steve Paddock, a.k.a. Cartoon Monkey, throws open a world of humour in his personal User page Click Here!
- The Community of Communities would be grateful for comments on TC Standards Current TC Issues Please go there and comment.
- Help always needed in developing the International Guide to Therapeutic Communities - Therapeutic Communities in the World Project
- Therapeutic Community Sources Our/your Bibliography and online Therapeutic Community Library. Add references, and see how the Resource is shaping up.
- For what's new, see Recent Changes
- TC Issues. Use this area to raise issues relevant to TCs
- Use this to request a FAQ or answer a FAQ (Frequently asked questions)
- ATC See the developing Association of Therapeutic Communities Page
- Useful Links
- Therapeutic Communities Around the World
- Articles See some articles, place some articles in discussion
Wiki help needed
wiki is for everyone to use.
However, as this site is in progress, if you are wiki literate (or want to learn) and have some time on your hands as a volunteer to assist with the development of the site, then please let me know |Ian Milne
A word from Maxwell Jones - Therapeutic Community Pioneer
I have been bashed a bit but frankly I'm thrilled.
I think this demonstrated a great deal to me...
It is the best attempt I have ever had in my 77 years...to try to share information....
When you open up this box, you don't get anywhere for a long time.
Learning is a painful process and I think that is the message to carry away with you.
If you are hurting, good. Something is happening to shake your complacency, and initiate a process of growth.
- Maxwell Jones 1984 (From "A Life Well Lived" Maxwell Jones - A Memoir - Dennie Briggs 2002)
Dr Maxwell Jones Photo Montage courtesy of the Dennie Briggs Archive 2008
For more on Therapeutic Community pioneers, see: Therapeutic Community Pioneers.
A community is like a ship: everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm.
- Henrik Ibsen
Please, grant me the serenity to accept the pages I cannot edit,
The courage to edit the pages I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference
—The Wiki Prayer
You are welcome here
Dennie Briggs, Craig Fees, Kevin Healy, Ian Milne and Sarah Paget